Ever feel like you aren’t living life as it was meant to be lived? If you’re like me then sometimes you may stop and wonder. You attract what you put out so the next time you feel like wallowing in your own misery remind yourself.
Each day commit to be a better person than you were yesterday. The changes can be as simple as choosing to have better thoughts than you did the day before. You will be amazed at the people, situations and opportunities you attract once you choose to have a different outlook and attitude. Perhaps these things were always there but maybe you couldn’t see them because your vision was clouded by negativity.
Below are some ideas for you to incorporate into your life so that you can live life as it was meant to be lived.
1.Take Action. Whatever it is that you want to accomplish or achieve, stop waiting for somebody else to pick you. Instead, pick yourself. You will find that by doing this the reward will feel that much sweeter. It may propel you to do something even more amazing the next time around!
- If you want to be an actor but you’ve never auditioned or been cast in anything then opt to write your own movie and cast yourself.
- If you would like to make more money, stop waiting for a raise and instead generate another source of income in your spare time. Remember, we live in the land of opportunity!
2.Travel the World. You will gain new experiences, learn about different cultures and see the world in a whole new way with more love, respect and admiration for mankind. I highly recommend seeing Long Way Round a documentary type show broken into episodes that follow Ewan McGregor and his friend Charley on motorbikes. A 115 day adventure around the world. I binge watched this and was touched. I came to the realization that sometimes the qualms I have truly are first world problems that I need to let go of.
3.Be Lovable. “If you want to be loved, be lovable.” Roman poet, Ovid
- Encourage others to go after their dreams
- Be kind
- Give others genuine praise
4.Develop Your Character. Benjamin Franklin’s list of 13 virtues are Temperance, Silence, Order, Resolution, Frugality. Industry, Sincerity, Justice, Moderation, Cleanliness, Tranquillity, Chastity and Humility.
- Pick some virtues that you would like to incorporate into your character or make stronger and focus on one at a time. Chronicle your behavior and you will learn so much about yourself.