A Day In The Life Of

Last Friday I was particularly feeling exhausted at the end of my day. It was exhaustion to almost the point of tears as I needed to just stop and take a few moments to just breath and get myself together. I was away from home for 16 hours so by the time I made it home I was definitely ready for bed.

6:00 a.m.-Alarm goes off. Shower, style hair, pick out outfit, make coffee to go

7:00 a.m.-Commute for school drop off

7:40 a.m.-Arrive at school and thankfully I’ve beat the drop off rush so I can get out quickly

7:55 a.m.-Arrive at downtown parking garage for 8:30 a.m. appointed time to resolve a traffic ticket. BOO! Quickly put on make-up in the car then take the elevator up to the ground level and walk to the courthouse.

8:20 a.m.-Report to the call window, showed proof of registration and fine was reduced to $129.00. Paid fine and continued on my way.

9:00-Arrived at the office. Chatted with boss before he left out-of-town and agreed to have his calls forwarded to me for the weekend.

9:00 a.m.-4 p.m.- Work, work and more WORK! (Some of things I worked on) Negotiate offers, schedule inspections, turn in paperwork, train new agent, pick up lunch for the office as promised, locate missing septic certification and title commitment, compile commission instructions for 4 closings, speak with broker and attorney over a buyer/seller dispute.

This was a VERY hectic work day! The positive things about my work day were the fact that it was Friday and a client gifted me a bottle of Chardonnay to thank me for the successful closing of a home he sold.

5 p.m. Arrive at the movie theater to catch a 5:10 showing of American Made. I would have rather skipped the movie but I had already agreed to go so I felt the need to fulfill my obligation. While waiting for the movie to start I remembered that I left my make-up and new wine in the car and was disappointed that I did that. It was nearly 100 degrees out and I feared that both would be ruined. Sigh….oh well….nothing I could do at this point.

7:40 p.m.-Get back to my car and drive 30 minutes back to the school to pick up Paris at band Practice

8:10 p.m.-Walk to the football field to watch the tail end of rehearsal from the bleachers. They looked amazing and ready for the competition the following day. I couldn’t help but think I should have brought workout clothes with me so I could run the track while waiting.

9:15 p.m.- Leave the school and head to restaurant to have dinner

10:55 p.m.- Home sweet home


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: